Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sac High students meet Steve Wozniak

Left to Right: Aryanna Lewis, Eli Nolasco, Steve Wozniak, Derrick Ingraham, Alicia Alves, Ashley Benitez, Tiara Stewart
Left to Right: Aryanna Lewis, Eli Nolasco, Steve Wozniak, Derrick Ingraham,
Alicia Alves, Ashley Benitez, Tiara Stewart

On October 1st, five fortunate Sac High students and I were given the opportunity of a lifetime. We had a chance to meet Steve Wozniak at the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Sacramento . Steve Wozniak gained his fame as the co-founder of Apple Computers along with Steve Jobs. He was the engineer behind the very first Apple personal computers ever created and many computers today still make use of the the techniques and architecture he invented.
Listening to Mr. Wozniak speak about his younger years made me realize that I could relate to his story. Since an early age, I have been interested in electronics and engineering.
Thanks to the Share the Vision program, we met with him at the Hyatt Hotel in a small gathering area with students from other high schools. Mr Wozniak took our questions and he spoke briefly about being a young inventor and being a founder of a company that eventually became so important. After that small gathering, we all walked to the Sacramento Communiy Center Theater where he spoke in front of hundreds of people.
Going to see Steve Wozniak talk about Apple and how everything started was an amazing opportunity for me. Learning about all the things he experienced and how many times he failed, felt intimidated, or how many times he was rejected, made me realize that no one just shoots to the top. It takes perseverance and hard work to get there. He discussed how he and Steve Jobs started, how they met, how their first meetings went, and all the struggles they went through. Listening to Mr. Wozniak speak about his younger years made me realize that I could relate to his story. Since an early age, I have been interested in electronics and engineering. Just like Steve Wozniak I want to be able to get to a point where I can also look back and talk about how I’ve changed technology forever, and how hard I worked to get there. He was definitely an inspiration.
- Ashley Benitez
Sac High Junior

Article: http://www.sachigh.org/sac-high-students-meet-steve-wozniak/  

No comments:

Post a Comment